The safety of our patients and team is always our highest priority.
As part of our Save Face accreditation, we are independently assessed to ensure we maintain excellent standards of:
- Infection control (such as hygienic working surfaces, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and sterilising procedures).
- Medicine management (including correct storage procedures, restricted access to medication and ensuring all medicines are within expiry date).
- Documentation (which includes maintaining full patient histories, procedure logs and prescription records).
- Emergency procedures (ensuring our team has the right equipment and training to handle emergency situations).
- Patient consultations and consent (only providing appropriate treatments with face to face consent).
In addition to ensuring our clinics are safe environments, all our practitioners are highly trained, qualified and experienced for the treatments they provide. Find out more about our practitioners.
Additional safety measures during the coronavirus pandemic
During the COVID-19 outbreak we are taking the following steps to complement our existing safety procedures:
- We are operating a reduced service and staggering appointment times to minimise contact between patients. To facilitate this, patients are being asked not to arrive before their appointment time. We have additional ‘overflow’ waiting rooms ready, should the need arise.
- Our practitioners will wear a face mask, sterile gloves and any other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We will provide a face mask and gloves for patients to wear while they are in the clinic.
- Hand washing facilities are available as usual. We have also provided hand sanitisers throughout the clinics.
- Patients are being asked to attend their appointment unaccompanied, to wear minimal jewellery and make up, and to bring only essential personal items with them.
- In addition to our usual cleaning procedures between appointments, we will also be ventilating the treatment rooms and disinfecting all door handles.
- Any members of our team who are feeling unwell have been instructed not to come to work. The same applies if anyone in their household has symptoms of COVID-19
- We are asking patients not to attend appointments if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive.
Patient safety is at the heart of everything we do. For my team and I, it is essential that your experience at Melior Clinics is a safe and pleasant one.
Dr Tim Beazleigh